Tuesday, May 30, 2006

rockstar

The week before last I shook hands with Bono, who's become a rockstar in the development world (as well) by acting as a sort of people's lobbist for the poor.

I met him because I work for the former leader of the free world and because he wanted to meet me.

No wait, that's not it. Actually, I was in a meeting at the National Reference Laboratory when he came through on a tour. So I popped my head out to say Hi.

Of course, U2 is not quite as well known in Rwanda. The woman that I was meeting with at the lab was pissed that she had to waste work time meeting "some American singer -- we are doing serious work here!" I explained that he's actually Irish and he's actually done a lot for the cause. She said "Well, okay. If he's helping."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home